Friday, June 18, 2010

FMQ Designs Used in First Quilt - Red - Long Beads

I intended to use a different design in each color - but at the end I saw the long strip of red and I just didn't know what to do. I didn't have control of the fabric at all so I couldn't fathom sewing columns of chevron's there. So instead I just did a long loopy stitch then came back fill it in - like beads...


I was really tired with this effort - pleased but tired. I determined to get new thread - I wanted red as it would stand out - for my second quilt. I also put the quilting aside until the things I ordered from Leah arrived. Having the bobbin glides and gloves really changed things. And I can't imagine sewing with the machine just being on the top of the table now - having it secure in the little desk really helps.